clean air?

M

mission

Have been looking into a respirator and mask, seem quite $. Now Im as health concerned as the next guy, but my question is if I can score a good oilless compressor an combine this with a face mask, is that ok. Im wondering if the air from a standard type resp. is any different and if not what should I look for as far as HP or air flow, etc?
2idea.gif

T

TWISTED

I use a dual cartridge mask with charcoal filters rated for organic vapors. This seems to be pretty much standard. I don't think the average painter really needs the fresh air systems. Seems like a lot of extra money and when you consider how much time you actually spend spraying it seems a bit excessive.
Just my 2cents. Take it for what it's worth (probably not 2 cents, more like 1 1/2 cents.)

T

tcannon

Haven't built on yet but I think you could make an exepensive air source from a small shop vac. You could mount it to suck "clean" air then blow the air through a hose to the mask. You might have to have a dimmer switch or potentiometer to slow the blower down. I looked into a small unit some time ago for work and this is essentially what it was, except it used an industrial grade blower unit. TC
smile.gif