Buffing/Polishing Problem

F

Flyer

I have a bit of a problem here. I have completed a paint job on a custom built harley. I have painted a one piece fiberglass dash that goes with it. The problem I have is that the dash being around 5" (I guess) wide, has raised pieces on either side and one in the middle at the bottom. The paint came out great, the clear came out great, I flattened it out with some 1500 grit and it's time to buff. I can't use my buffer, because I believe that it will take the paint off on the raised parts due to the diameter of the pad being much larger and the piece is wide. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kyle

ezrider

Flyer, Blue point makes a micro polisher which pads are 3 inches, there are also buffing pad set ups for DA sanders. Any one of these tools should take care of your dash problem.
bigokay.gif

T

TAZ

Or ...
you could resand it with about 1200, and lay a couple of nice wet coats on it and leave it. Let the first one tack up good though before applying the second coat. A small piece like that, you shold be able to get it to look close to a piece that you have buffed.

F

Flyer

Great, thanks guys for all the help. I will be taking some pics of this bike so you can see your/my handy work.

Thanks,
Kyle