black with flash copper pearl

mikeloranger

i painted my pontiac gtp with black with a flash copper pearl base coat
from the get go the paint seemed to have fish eyes and then it started to turn real bad like as if it turned to ice bad orange peel?? tried to fix it with wet sanding and got it pretty smooth aplied the clear and the clear looked the same / i was using limco 3 and lr 4000 clear ,, anyways ****ed off cause i've done a few paint jobs and i'm not sure where i took the wrong turn

help needed

hoss

start from the begining. you primed, then waited how long? did you put anything between the primer and basecoat.

there had to be something wrong w/ the paint, or a contaminate on your primer. those are my only guesses?

mikeloranger

i think it might be the paint cause the guy at car quest that mixed it up was a rookie
,,,i just finished a ranger 4x4 with the same stuff and it turned out great

mikeloranger

re-painting the gtp..what should i

now i have to do somthing about the gtp's issues ,,do i need to get all that paint and clear off? what should i do??

hoss

i would. i've painted things and tried to paint over mistakes and it just came back to haunt me. i definitly would. a pain in the a$$, but better safe than sorry.

T

TAZ

Possibly you had somesort of a teflon coating on the car and it wasn't taken off all the way.

I would just resand it 'flat', then reapply the base, then reclear.

mikeloranger

thanx

ok guys the car is going back in i'm going to re-do the whole thing and i'll be honest i hate that flash copper anyways makes the car look brownish red ,,and not black dominant like i wanted
you guys are awsome and hopfully i'll be able to answer questions that people have one day