any tips from any one

E

Eric

I'm thinking of flame painting my ski boat but in in fiberglass. Is there anything I should do for the best results: types of paint, sandinq, painting techniques etc.

Thanks!!

M

Mac_Muz

I am no painter really, but I built boats from glass.... I have fixed a few, but that was to match what was bashed..... Seem like a big job to me. I don't know what paints will work for you unless you use gel coat, which is a 2 part paint. You might thin it and spray it after all the sanding and cleaning is done. ALL of the materials you will use are toxic, very toxic! wear as much protection as possible. 1 drop of MEK will wipe out you eyes if you don't wash them with acetone fast....AND 1 drop of acetone in your eyes feels like a 5 gallon bucket full of sand... I don't think this is a back yard job for a novice. Just cleaning the spray gun will be hard to do... Maybe there are new methods, and new paints, but I don't know of them. If you want more say so,but I doubt you will like what I have to say much. No offence intened, just a tuff job....