all lookers and no posters

firefly

This site looks a little stagnent, I hope it picks up! I used to be a painter for about 15 years and still like to sling a little paint every now and then. Ihave changed carreers but still do jobs for people now and then. I like to keep up with whats going on and whats hot but I dont see a hole lot good custom advice here. Ithink most painters want to gaurd their secrets! what do you think? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/think.gif

Jim

No,That's not the case here,Summer is always slow,it's bike weather!(Although we discuss painting anything,it's about 80% motorcycle painting).Most people don't wanna put thier bikes down for paint.Visit when the cold weather comes,lots of good advice,tips & tricks that that work or don't.There are many airbrush guys here doin custom work too.Everyone seems pretty open but,you know,you can't give away all your secrets.This is Scott's business site, he posts his jobs,he gets alot of questions(even though he clearly states not to ask,he still gives up alot of his tricks)So,If you have a question,post it!-If you have advise,give it!Thanks,Jim

T

TAZ

firefly,
Jim's right. Summer is the slow part of the year for the Flames Board since most people are riding this time of year. They get into the 'painting' mode during the winter so the board gets used more then. Even at that, there is still a ton of info on here. You can just use the search field and find pretty much any info you need.

We just are getting past our busy time of year which lasted longer than last years. Just in time to get busy again in October.

I don't visit the board as much as I used to due to the fact that I have been 'slammed' with work lately and work 60 hours a week as it is, plus I just got done building a bike, which took even more time, so time is very limited, and need to take a break every now and then. This is one of the reasons I ask not to direct questions to me...they may or may not get answered.

Hope everyone is enjoying the riding season!!!!!

Check out the bike I just got done building.

Take it easy...ride safe!

Scott
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif

T

TAZ

he he...thanks Jim!!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

T

TAZ

Thanks Burnt,
Didn't know your wife could paint so good did you...he, he.

T

TAZ

Actually, it was the day that we lost about 19 servicemen, so the one that took first place was a trike painted in army green with a big USA flag on the back.
You can see it next to my bike in the attatched

You have to hand it to 'em (all our service men and women).

Payupsucker

Im sorry to say it, but Im guilty of this myself. I like to pop on here from time to time to check out Scotts work and to absorb the great info the site has to offer. This is my first post because after I signed up a while ago, for some reason I couldnt login. Scott and others do awsome work and I could only wish to be on a level close to these guys. I mostly paint cars as there arent many bikes that people want painted around this small town in Ohio. I enjoy shootin bikes when I get the chance though. This site is the greatest painting site that I have found. A big thanks to Scott for starting it, and for showing us how you do your magic!

Shane