airbrush and createx

B

bek

i have purchased some of the createx water based pearls and candies and want to get some practice with them as i see this is where we are all going at some point these pearls and candiesare very very thin and when i try to air brush they want to run what am i doing wrong? would like to do some ghost flames but they seem so thin i cannot follow a line with themm any help with the createx or the air brush would be appreciated as i am new to both

T

TAZ

I would suggest just using HOK candies or pearl type painst or another brand for your ghost flames. If you plane on doing 'mural' type work, then you can use the Createx type paints.

Ultra Al

Createx is cheap and fun to play with but Id never paint any serious metal with it, like Scott said.. I cant get the pearls to go through even my Iwata Revolution (.5 tip) much less the H's with out watering them down. If your getting runs maybe your using the transparents. The only way I can make them work is to base what ever Im working on with an opaque white base, let it dry and then use a free hand mask (you can even use a business card) and just lightly mist the transparent on and slowly build it using a heat gun between coats to speed things up. This gets me a ghost flame (sorta). Again I just use these paints for play time. Al