Air Brush Painting tips

Jim

First off,I'm new to painting and have learned these tips the hard way!I'm painting my Harley with House of Kolor products,Black base, prism blue flames w/violet tips and highlights.

First Tip:When spraying clear,always over reduce,I called HOK and they said to double the reducer for airbrushing.I was getting dry spray,it looked like white powder.Now it works great!

Second Tip:I bought some prism blue pearl paste for my flames,the jar just said to reduce so I did,it was terrible.I't sprayed and looked very bad.I talked to the guy I was buying my paint from and he told me to mix it in the clear coat.This worked great.At first when I sprayed,I tried to get an even coat like my base paint,I wound up blowing the pearls together, left it with light and dark variations of the color, even though it didn't run,it looked bad.(especially when doing the large areas)Now I spray on a coat and get as even as I can ,I wait and let the clear tack up then go back and get the thinner spots.It looks great with even color and no blotchy spots.I spray the pearl about 10in. away.filtered w/water trap, pressure at about 35psi
So,Mix pearl paste with clear,and don't try to cover in one coat,let it tack up first!When your done,spray your final clear with no pearl,sand and buff,You'll get great results that look professional!
sunglass.gif