air brush info

foxy300

hey guys i was wondering how many air brush to get, do you guys just use one or is it better to have acouple so you can have differnt colors ready to go without having to clean all the time, maybe have differnt tip size for differnt things just wondering what type too get and how many as i see the good ones are not cheap any info would help thanks

martin3294

You can't beat Iwata for your airbrush. If it is custom auto work you need 2 decent ones or you can get away with 1 then as you become more efficient add further brushes to your requirements. I would recommend an Iwata HP-CH for auto work, or a cheaper brush is the HP-CS both brushes work well with auto work. My main brush is the Iwata HP-CH but I use the CS as well as a custom Micron brush for really fne detail work. Dont use a different airbrush for different colours, when you want to colour change simply spray some solvent (if your using solvent based paint) or water if your using waterbased paint. Colour changes are quick on air brushes. A quick wipe out of the paint bowl with a paper towel and then spray your solvent or water through it into an airbrush cleaning bowl. If you had an airbrush for each colour you would need a fortunes worth of brushes depending upon your artwork.