Acrylics/2-paks - helmet airbrushing?

D

DarkAz

Hi there...

I'm new to this site - and must admit it's one of the best resources I've seen on the net for a long time...

I've been airbrushing for eleven years now (although I've hardly touched one in the last four!) but my experience with auto paints has been predominantly with acrylics.

Now I'm comfortable using acrylics - but I can see definate advantages in using two-paks - especially when it comes to clear coats.

Is there much difference between using acrylics and two paks? Can I use a two pak clear over acrylic work?

thanks in advance :)

john

rex

Are you talking acrylic enamels or lacquers?You'd have to research the paintline you're using to find a clear that would be compatable but it would be much easier to just use basecoat.It sprays nice,dries fast and you'll get a wider selection of clears to use.If you mean the acrylics popular to airbrushing scene I have no idea.There are alot of posts here about clearing them and you should find a ton of answers in a search.

D

DarkAz

hmm... I'm not sure on the terminology - I'm guessing (?) they are acrylic lacquers..

I've always just referred to them as "auto acrylics".

I'll have a chat to the local auto paint shop next time Im up there and see what they can suggest.

John

rex

Hey,welcome to Scott's site,sorry I missed that before.You definately need to find out the system you're using to get the clear you need.The paint store should be able to know that or at least have something to go by.