7" Sanding Disc Supply

Stretch

I've got a 7" Makita Sander Polisher and I was hoping to find a place online to order some 7" sanding discs with the hook and loop backing. Anyone know where I might find these?

I don't really want to go buy the attachment that handles the adhesive discs unless there's a good reason.

Thanks-Stretch

rex

Hmm,don't know how to help you here.The price of velcro paper is high compared to PSA(stick-it) and the $25 pad and I don't recall seeing 7" outside of grinding discs.You can get them down to 50 grit but that's coarse.Everything I use finer is 6 or 8" PSA on a variety of pads.The best thing the Makita is is good for is buffing or throw an 8" soft Disc-it pad on it with 36,40 or 80 grit for serious sanding on the line of stripping.Any sanding needs to be with a DA style cut and not the circular cut you get with the Makita.

K

Keith C

As long as your at Lowes, they have the Porter Cable 6" DA sander, variable speed has a nice side handle, and you can get a variety of pads, discs, etc for it. It is the same unit Meguiars sells, and they make a bunch of pads for ir as well(velcro backed is what I'm using, for buffing and polishing).
I have the Makita 7" as well, and use it for compounding and buffing, but use the DA for final touch-ups, sanding and waxing.

Stretch

I've got the Makita 7" as well so it seems a bit wasteful to get a 6". I'd like to get a palm size electric DA sander so I can hold the painted item in one hand and the sander in the other. It's a bit tough to hold the 7" makita with one hand so I would think the 6" porter-cable would be similar?

Thanks-Stretch

rex

All I got from the link was a home page and I've never looked at electric sanders but if you want an air one Hutchins is the best with Dynabraid coming in second-to me.I leave the handle on the Hutchins because it's so tall but I think it's the best,Either will set you back $175-200 though.

Stretch

I guess you have to put in your zip code to see the product. I'm leaning towards and electric DA sander. My compressor has a hard enough time pushing the HVLP, I don't want to kill it running a sander. The electric versions are sub $100 and would work better for my situation. Any recommendations/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks-Stretch