66SS Chevelle Pics

Jim

Rex,Andy,
Here's what I started with,Not bad but alot of mud and the rear bumper was pushed in about 3 inches,bending the rear panel and exposing someones bondo work,the bottom of the panel was rusted and filled instead of replaced.It's a true SS so,it's worth the time and money to fix it up.

second pic is my bud laying about a 30ft posi,not much smoke but the 60's sure were spinnin.I couldn't get a shot of the the huge grin he had on his face!You should of seen his smile when I said"hey,smoke the tires,I wanna get a picture"

chevellefrt.JPG
burnout.JPG

I know there are alot nicer,faster cars out there but,it's my first true muscle car and I'm really enjoying this project.

B

big stinkie

Absolutely beautiful! Tell me your address so I can come steal it! ;-)

The red is very red, too. Looks good overall. I give it a "10."

I'm am now green with envy. Seeing it brings back so many memories of the good ol' days. If you get any more pictures of some smokin' tires don't forget to post them. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic under the hood, either. hint hint hint.

Andy aka Big Stinkie

Jim

Thanks Guys,Like I said before,it looks pretty good from the pics but,It had alot of areas that needed attention to make it right.I'm looking for a nice clean car that I can drive on the weekends and maybe a few shows here and there.Oh ya,and a trip or 10 to the track!I'll really be happy when I can afford to rebuild the 396.

rex

What a sweet ride.She ought to be beautiful when you're done.Forget trying to smoke the tires unless you find some old bias ply tires,these radials just don't burn.Once in a while I'll stomp first in the Mustang and if I happen to be on flat ground so the rear doesn't hook to the side I can't tell if it's spinning or the clutch is slipping until I get the little squeal as it starts to hook up.Kind of sucks,nothing better than a huge cloud of smoke and the smell of rubber.That's why I can't keep rear tires on the scooter
sunglass.gif

B

big stinkie

Hey! You guys have 5 star ratings...I have only 4! Whatsa matta? I shower regularly! ;-)

(The link won't come up for me, either.)

Andy aka Big Stinkie

rex

Ok it should work now but I still can't get the pix to insert.

Andy,we can fix that.Well,I guess a few more people need to rate you,another 5star or 2 should override the one for 4.

Jim

Well,I can see the pics Rexbut,there's so much smoke,what the hell am I lookin at?Stinkie,I rated ya,But only gave ya one,just kidding!Five!
Just came in from working on the Chevelle,Put the emergency brake back in and fixed a couple of dings,there is so much to do and so little time,spring is right around the corner!need more money!!!Anybody want to make a donation?Stinkie,don't steal it til I get some pictures of it finished!I popped the hood and it's so dusty,it's not worthy of picures yet.

rex

Hahaha,the smoke (the radial tire bit)
tongue.gif
. Just messin with ya.It's me on the scooter in the burnout pit at Myrtle Beach last year.Actually all 3 are from there.The second is a strip I laid in front of the hotel and the girl in the gas mask is behind the bar in a bar you drive thru and can pull right up to the bar or any wall and let it rip,the roof had 2 of the biggest fans I've ever seen to pull the smoke out.These things could handle a paint booth to paint commercial airliners in.I'd send you some $ but I'm spending my stash on the scooter right now,sorry buddy.

B

bcbattles

Man what brand of cigarette you got that puts out that much smoke!!

------Bruce

rex

Marlboro reds,can't beat them them if you're a chain smoker
haha.gif
Welcome to the site,you'll love it
cheers.gif

B

bcbattles

that's what i used to smoke but you could'nt even see in the shop plus epa and all that sh*t!!
anyway thanks for the welcome great board i've been stalking...a..a..a..i mean lurking here for
awhile

-----Bruce

K

kevsLX

That SS is beautiful!
Since we're sharing burnout pics, here's how I finished off some radials before mounting up my ET Streets
smile.gif

burnout3_small.jpg

rex

You got me beat on that one.How'd you get them to smoke so well,bleach them?I can't seem to get radials to do much.

K

kevsLX

I didn't have to use any bleach, but I had a 4 speed auto trans with a manual valve body, once I got them spinning good I shifted through the gears and stuck it in OD so it was spining them at only about 1500 RPM, making alot of heat! Stupid me left the windows down too, took a week for the smell to go away.
Jim, you get a big car like that to yank the tires and you've got yourself a beast! Good luck with it.