2000 and up Softail tanks

T

TAZ

Anyone seen a aftermarket (stretched preferably) steel tank. Must be for the 2000 and up Softail 1 piece tank), which means it must have the gas gauge one the left side.
You can find the fatbobs all day long for the pre 2000 Softails.

Be on the lookout! I'd appreciate it.
You can email me direct if you wish.
scott@customflamepainting.com
Thanks!
wink.gif

rex

I ran across one in J&P Cycle's new catalog,but.There's no name for the maker (other than made in England),it's not stretched,it has an optional flip up dash that hides the filler,and the best part is the base tank goes for $900-ouch.Their address is www.jpcycles.com if you want to check it out.I've still got my eyes open but haven't had time to search the aftermarket sites.Let you know what I find.

T

tooter

they have strech tanks but they are not 6gal there4.2 5.0 scott have u painted any of the 6gal strecth tanks and if so what did u do about the weld at the bottom they say not to grind on the weld i did the beat that i could on floting it out but with a custom built 98 softail and all that vibration iam getting a hairline crack were the filler is just gives me an reson to re paint my scoot(its gong to be hok burple black flames with faces in them then the candy on top to give it that ghost look)

T

TAZ

Tooter,
You can grind the welds for the extensions because these are just add ons. You just have to be careful about the other welds when grinding. You don't want to create a tiny hole in the tank.
I duraglass the seam on the extensions, then I use plastic on them.
This "seams" to work good.
Haven't had any problems.
bigokay.gif

My last couple of stretch tanks

rex

When you get the J&P catalog,look through the orange pages of new products in the front.I skipped it but found 2 or 3 tanks last night .I think Regency and Mid USA made the 2 name brand ones,but can't comment on their quality.

T

TAZ

Actually, I just got it. I'll check it out.

bounce.gif

Appreciate It Rex!