1st try @ real flame

J

joeyy

i have been studying lots of pics and thought to give it a try. this is what i did with some simple masks i made at home. need some input on how to make it better.

Attachments

• Copy of DSC00090.JPG
    Copy of DSC00090.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 303

hoss

i like it! looks cartoonie to me, almost like if salvador dali was painting flames what they'd look like.

nice work.

Tanker

Great job. If that's your first flame job then your flames are gonna be wicked cool.

I would make them a little deeper red but that is being very picky. Great job.

J

joeyy

thanks fotr the input. i need to get the flames brighter and looking like more intense heat. also i have to work on the top and how to end the flame. too fuzzy. should i use a bright yellow to start then candy?

hoss

if you want the true fire look then you need darker darks and lighter lights. you have the middle hue down nicely. need to get the dark red in the back ground and more yellow highlights.

dark red is done by orange w/ apple red kandi
yellow is done by yellow w/ pagen gold kandi

but like i said before they do look really cool. they are different and that's cool.

IwataDanny

FOR BEING YOUR FIRST FLAMES THEY Look good....from my point of view it looks like you overworked the stencils....try using a little more freehand technique and limit to using the same curve on your stencil.....layer it with a little more kandy perhaps an apple red or maybe tangerine....i look back on my first fire i did on a hood and think i over-used the stencil....but keep on keeping on practice makes perfect