YELLOW - metalic or pearl

rodrocket

greetings all
i am in need of some desperate help

i wanted to use PPG Varience "YELLA" on my car, its a 3 layer pearl

the problem that i have is the guy who is painting it doesnt want to use 3 layer

what i need is a yellow that has the Metalic / Pearl effect in it

he wants the Metalic / Peal in the paint & not in the clear

i know it would be simple to lay the color & shoot some clear over it with the Pearl mixed with it & them flow coat the top coat of clear

i am getting the car painted for free & i have enother guy giving me the Paint & materials free so i carnt complain but i want the Pearl / Metalic effect & not a straight color

i had a friend mix me up a yellow with some silver in it to give it the Metalic effect but the paint looks "dirty" if you look into it

all help is appreciated

regards
rod

88GT

I did my car that way. I used gold pearl in the clear, but you can mix the pearl in the base, but it will take alot more pearl.

flamethrower

Sorry this is late. I haven't checked the boards for a while.

I shoot Xotic Colours paint line and you can use their metallic base or pearl base and tone up to the color of yellow you want. Presto! Yellow metallic or pearl.

This paint line is cool because all eight of the bases are cleers and you just use their toners and tint pastes to achieve the unique color you are trying to get.

Make a little extra though so you will have a touch up supply for later if needed.

Take care.