Won't dry

P

purplewg

Won\'t dry

Newbie here. Last Sat I tried my second flame job. First was practisee with shaker cans. I'm using Nason Urethane Base in black and a purple. Mixed per the instruction sheet given me by the supplier. Neither color will dry. It took over night to dry. What am I doing wrong. I have saned re-primed and am ready to try again. I bought the paint in October of last year and nver opened until last Saturday. Is the age a problem?

T

TAZ

Re: Won\'t dry

Just a fat chance, but I know on the synthetic Nason paint, it uses "drier" in the paint. If you do not have any drier in the paint, it will not dry at all.
I know you mentioned Urethane, but I believe Nason urethane is really a synthetic enamel with a urethane hardner.

Did they happen to give you black "toner" instead? Their toners do not contain dryer.

shocked.gif

P

purplewg

Thanks Scott. They did not give me a dryer. I will get the sheet that has the mix on it and reply later. It will make it easier to figure out.

P

purplewg

I forgot to follow up on this. What happened was I used the wrong activator. The paint shop had high lighted stuff on the sheet they gave me but it had been so long I forgot which was which. I finally figured it out and my base dried in about 30 minutes. Finished my first flame job and it turned out well for a first timer. Thanks to this site I will continue to try more of this type of work.