What's up guys

rex

What\'s up guys

Hope you guys have been doing fine.I've been so buisy I haven't much time to stop in.That's kind of changed for the next10 or so weeks though.I had an accident 3 weeks ago and it layed me up for a while so I'll be here as much as the pain allows.If I don't type too well excuse the mess,besides other damage I can't use my right arm or hand at all because of a badly broken elbow (and I'm friggin right handed) so everything is done left handed and that wrist is broke.Boy is it hell trying to wipe your butt this way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/headbutt.gif Anyway,I'll be around for a while and get back to my duties.I'd like to welcome all the newcomers that I've missed and thank all you guys that have been covering for me all this time i've been so scarce. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

T

TAZ

Re: What\'s up guys

Holy crap Rex...hope all is all right with you...you said you had an accident...motorcycle??

Can I do anything for you??...I looked for left handed beer drinking cans, but could only fine the normal...luckily I have adapted for us left handed drinkers...looks like you might have to as well...just kidding

Sincerely hope you'll recover soon!!!

Talk to you soon!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Scott

Jim

Hey Rex!Glad to have you back but,wish it was under better circumstances.Sorry to hear your not doing so good.You made it through a crash and several hurricanes,you'll bounce back from this too.Watch the beer with those pain killers,they don't play well together.Take care,Jim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tonofbricks.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bounce.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yay.gif

rex

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif Thanx guys.Yeah,it was another scooter wreck.Hit an armadillo and sent me into the drainage ditch and it just so happened there was a culvert in my way-damn that hurt,but luckily I was down to about 30mph when I hit.The damn animals on my road have gotten insane at night over since around that first hurricane so my days of riding at night out here are done.Here's another pisser-back in February I was coming around the S turn the first scooter accident happened and I swerved to miss a dog that night in the wife's truck.The wheels fell off the pavement and when I went to slide it back up on the road something happened and the truck barrel rolled down the road a few times.All I ended up with was a crack in the noggin from bouncing it off the road and some bruises.So this one makes 3 in a year and a half,man I hope it's true about things coming in 3's.I haven't had this many accidents in my life and back in those days there were those nights you don't quite remember even driving.Oh well,at least I'll heal in a few months and can get back to work.

I know what you mean about the beer and painkillers Jim,2 beers and I'm loopy.Luckily I don't have to take them much.The first week I ate a few because I had to walk around that long with it still broke but for 2 days after surgery I ate them puppies like candy,holy sh!t did that hurt!Now I'm saving them for physical therapy since that's gonna be paifull too.You guys take care and I'll see you around the board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Ultra Al

Sorry to hear that. I know what you are going through, back in the early 80's I went down hard and broke my right elbow and right knee cap. To this day I still wipe my ass with the left hand. I just blanked out on Bud and perkodan for 90 days. Hope you get better soon and hope you didnt bust up the scooter too bad, Al

rex

Thanx guys.I don't know about that left hand stuff Al,it still sucks so I can't wait to get the right one back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif The scooter's fixable,nneeds a new front end but I might need to put a frame in her.The downtubes have a little bow to them so I'm gonna see if it can be straightened if I can locate someone around here with a frame jig.If not I can get a new frame from Harley for a grand.

Is it dead here or what?I don't ever remember it being this slow.You guys take care and I'll see you around.

Jim

Hey Rex,it's summer time,remember,it gets slow when riding season comes.What kind of bike do you have,I forget,I may have some newer downtubes you can have for shipping.I have at least 2 sets,4in over and some stockers,I wanna say wideglide but can't remember,they are in the box so,they have a number.Otherwise,we can do some measuring.Let me know,Jim

rex

Thanx for the offer man,it's a 93 Wideglide.Let me get back to you when I decide what to do.There's a few people around that straighten frames but I haven't found out their quality or if they have good jigs.I'm almost considering a new frame since this thing has already had 2 pretty hard hits and I'm curious how many stress cracks might be floating around it.It's probably going to be a few months before I can even think about messing with it but I'll get back to you when I decide.Later man.