What to do?

ANDY G.

Hi, everyone!! This is my first post of I'm sure to be many. I am planning on painting my bike sometime between now and spring. It is the one in my avatar. Question is- what would look good? and stand out in a crowd. I'm going with brandywine kandy bc and orion silver and micro flake rose red and fire red blend on the brandy and silver on the silver, but what design I have no idea. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Oh and remember a professional painter I am not, but will try anything once.:bigokay:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
Looks fine the way it is. Is there something wrong with it, or you just looking for change?

ANDY G.

That's exactly what my wife said. I'm lookinfg for a change, every where I go to meet up with some raider riding buddies there are about 90% red ones like mine and I just want to stand alone not blend in. I've been searching the web for some ideas and I think I have come to a decision---no flames. I have been looking at a custom bike it's candy red-w- black and silver stripes and air brushing and silver leaf and and and, but I'm thinking just go candy red w/ black and silver stripes and add a little flake to the mix. :crap: It's the ands that usually get me in trouble.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to stand alone, why not change the complete color?
Going from a candy red with stripes to a candy red with stripes won't be too much of a change at all.
Especially if all your riding buddies have a red bike.
:think1:

ANDY G.

This is what I was talking about going with. I already have a brandywine base coat, orion silver and black. I also have all the colors of micro flakes too. It will change things up quite a bit in my opinion. What you think?

Attachments

• BigRed3-Custom-Motorcycle.jpg
    BigRed3-Custom-Motorcycle.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 19
  • AIR RIDE INSTALLED 001.jpg
    AIR RIDE INSTALLED 001.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 8

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming that you are spraying the brandywine over the silver, this will give you about the same look as what you have.
If you go with the top surfaces in the black, this will give you more black, thus changing it a little.
Looks nice though.
There are quite a few steps involved in a paint job like that.
Here is one with candy, black, silver

candyred-black-tribals-04.jpg

801Rider

I'm working on a color change on a Raider too. It was all black, now it'll be marbelized candy tangerine with black tribal flames =)

ANDY G.

Well after many a night dreaming about painting my bike I finaly have it done. It is do in a big part through the help and info I found here. I didn't do everything I set out to do, but it is close and I will not blend in with other red bikes, mine sparkles. LOL!! :bigokay: Thanks everyone!!!

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Not bad at all. Great job. Sure you are anxious to get them back on your bike!!

:bigokay: