What size Compressor should I get for HVLP painting & sandblasting?

Finalcut9

I own a Devilbiss Startingline line HVLP gun set - 30psi delivers 10psi at the air cap at 13 CFM. I also just picked up a used sandblast cabinet. I am mainly working on motorcycle parts and don't intend to paint large projects like a car.

I plan on purchasing an air compressor for both painting and sandblasting as well as other air tools like a DA. Would the 60gal Husky or Kobalt air compressors that Home Depot and Lowes sells be adequate assuming I'd be using only one thing at a time? The Husky 60 gallon compressor has 10.2 SCFM at 90 psi.

If possible I would like answers from people with experience using these size compressors:think1:.

Finalcut9

I found a compressor that an acquantaince owns that he is willing to sell me for a very reasonable price. It's a Quincy 60 gallon. 18 CFM @ 90psi, 22 CFM @40 psi. Not sure of the HP. Does this sound adequate for what I would like to use it for?

Wydir

yes the Quincy would be the better buy and from those numbers I would say it is a 5hp Sandblasters are air hogs , also moisture in your airline will not be good for sandblasting or painting. set it up right the first time.

Finalcut9

Thank you. I plan to size and run hard lines with drop legs, filtration, etc. to make sure I get good quality air.

califabricator

What's up wydir..

Yes I pan to set up a paint station as well and do want to do it right the first time.. With a little help for the groups :)

So what compressor did you end up getting ?
I only have a lowes that's close to me and will have to travel to Springfield Mo for better options

I'm looking for a gun to shoot plastic promoter primer and after a while in the spring the base color and clear

Also a compressor :)
Thanks
Ed

bondofreak

Quincy is the best route for sure! No comparison to husky.....like comparing a startingline to a Sata. Upgrade on your gun ASAP.