what do you think of this?

hoss

i like the color very much! the staggered flames look good also, but i prefer a different flame tech. w/ tighter ovals and the tips closer together and longer, but it looks really good. cudos!

flamepain

the base color was actualy a hummer green.the flames are the same green with silver pearl shaded back from one set of flames to the next.the final shading of the flames for depth took about twelve hours.there must be a better way.finally it was coated with candy green.two coats of clear.wet sand.two more coats of clear.wet sand and polish.any advice is welcome.there are a few more pics on the members gallery.thanks.

hoss

i think it does look pretty cool. looks really ghosty. my suggestion is:

in the pic.

where the arrows are pointing. you should add your brighter colors toward the edge to the middle. this gives you a depth effect.

other than this are like where the blue and purple are:

make the flames overlap and have some action.

just keep practicing and looking at pictures of others work. find out what you like about them, imulate it and come up w/ your own style. i've been working on them for at least a year, and i'll always be practicing at them and getting better.

good luck!

Last edited:

StarsJ

I would trust yourself a little more and put in more freehand. They are looking good but I always like to see less of the template edges. Pictures of real fire help. Looks like you have the patience to keep at it. A lot of people dont. Good Job.

flamepain

thanks guys.it's hard to get honest opinions around here.everyone says i'm getting better but they cant tell me how to improve it.thanks for your help

flamepain

yes i did.thanks.i'm trying again tonight.the depth thing is hard.i did get some hok paints.all but two i can make on my sikkens system.pagan gold and tangerine candy i have to get from hok.comes from B.C.takes two weeks.lol.cyas

hoss

i feel ya! not many places to get the stuff around here either. i try to keep the prime colors of the Kandi Koncentrates around. then i mix up what ever color i need.

flamepain

still tryin

got my new hok candies.still not right but better i think.the camera is lying a bit. the red and yellow are'nt quite that strong.cyas.(comments?)

Last edited:

hoss

looking better. what parts of it do you like and what don't you like about it?

what have you seen in other's true fire that you like? did you try to incorperate it in your art?

to me, i think the colors are pretty cool. the trasition in color is a little abrupt, and your fire looks too much like the old school flame lay out. you need to get more random i think.

organized chaos is what i call it. never give up and keep improving. good luck.