What do you think of this Airbrush Kit

T

TAZ

Hi Cameron,
What model is that?
Looks like a nice setup from what I can see.

twincam88b

Hi Cameron,
What model is that?
Looks like a nice setup from what I can see.
thought I sent a link to the full page with all the explanation thought I sent a link to the full page with all the expalination but I see I did not. I will try again sorry about that.

twincam88b

Here is another link.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Master A[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]irbrush Model SB86 [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]High [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Precision[/FONT] Detail Control
Dual-Action Side-Feed Airbrush
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]with Extra Large 1/2 ounce Cup[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Provides Extreme Atomization and Air Control)[/FONT]
[/FONT]
master_precision50h.jpg
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]​
linespacer_10px.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Provides direct vision of the work surface, allowing for [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]close-up extra fine detail work.[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Excellent for Applications where Accurate Spray Control is required to do Highly Detailed Work
such as: Automotive Graphics, Illustration, Nails
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Precision Machined 4 Piece Matched Airbrush
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Head System[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]for extremely fine atomization[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Direct Air Control Regulation Valve at the
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]head of the airbrush enables Accurate Micro
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]Fine Spray Control!
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cutaway Handle allows for quick cleaning and[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flushing for increased airbrush production![/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0.2 mm Needle/Nozzle, [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hairline to 1" Pattern[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]1/2 oz. Interchangable Side-Feed Cup[/FONT]​

Vettra

If I could interject my POV as someone who is getting back into airbrushing after 15 years. It appears to be a decent brush from what I have read about. My thoughts are to determine how far you want to get in the art then purchase an airbrush that you will grow into and not something that you will soon grow out of.

I pulled out my old Passhe V and VLs thinking they would do the trick but alas they do not. I just ordered the IWATA Eclipse HP-CS, a unit that I have seen recomended and used by many that are more proficient than myself.
IMHO

T

TAZ

I agree with Vettra. Though it's half the cost of the Iwata HP-C, I'm sure this will wear out quickly for you and probably is not as fine tuned as an Iwata. So if you can afford it, get the HP-C to start with, as this will last you quite awhile as long as you take care of it. BUT, if you can't afford it, the Master Airbrush would probably be a great starter airbrush for you, as long as you will have the intentions of getting the better Iwata down the road.

Then once you get good with the Iwata HP-C, you can get one of the more expensive VERY detailed Micron Airbrushes. This airbrush makes a great airbrush for your very detailed lines and the HP-C for the "little" less detailed lines

Good luck to you!!!

:luck:

DB Smith

If I could interject my POV as someone who is getting back into airbrushing after 15 years.

Same here.

I pulled out my old Passhe V and VLs thinking they would do the trick but alas they do not.

Again, same here, almost. I had a pair of old Binks (Wren A and B) that always seemed to serve me well years ago, even with mural work.

When I started using them a few months ago I was disappointed to say the least.

I'm a stickler for US made products (whenever it's practical) so I got a Badger 3155. It's a good brush, but it's a siphon type, and I still couldn't get really fine lines.

I just bought a Devilbiss gravity feed. I'll let you know how that one works out.

Last edited:

freddielz

hi im new here,i discovered airbrushing through youtube,and i loved it..i did stencils most of the time,and some free hands as well,,im also planning to buy a master series airbrush,and i`ll be frank:i cant afford an iwata..im from the island of mauritius and the iwata`s price is 3/4 my salary as staff nurse.
I just wanted to know,is the master airbrush worth its PRECISION DETAIL CONTROL?

i have been using Chinese-made airbrushes and even with their 0.2 airbrush,.the output was ridiculous,.instead of having hairline,i got rastas.

Im about to do my first airbrushed car,and i`ve been lucky enough to get a show car to paint but i need to get a better airbrush so i just need some feedbacks on the masters airbrushes..

hope you help me

Last edited:

VisioN

http://images.tcpglobal.com/abd/g22-econo.jpg

Hi Evey one I would like to know if this would be a good starter airbrush kit for me? :think1:

Cameron

I wouldn't touch it!! I've yet to hear of anybody buying a Chinese made airbrush who was happy with it. The problem with these airbrushes is that they look better than they perform. Your best bet is to at least buy a popular make airbrush. If you're on a low budget why don't you get something like a Paasche V or a good second hand airbrush from ebay.

the_grider

I''m also new here, but been airbrushing for a few years. I used lots of brushes, Binks wren, Badgers, single and double action. I started using the Paasche VL in 82, and still use it today. It's all going to depend on how much you practice. You will also have to learn how to mix your desired medium to get the flow you will need. Just takes a little time. It's not the airbrush that makes the painting great................it's the painter. Good luck!!!