want a matte black paint job, how do i do it?

B

boodaa

I finally have my car to the point that its ready to go and get painted. I want to get a custom color though. I'm loking to paint it a flat matte black. I want a true dark black, not like a primer black which seems more like dark dark gray usually. I'm thinking of something along the lines of stealth bomber black. anyone have any suggestions on how this should be done?

thanks,

joel

T

TAZ

You might want to check out using a black basecoat of your choice, then having your local paint supply store mix you up some clear with flattening agent (reduces gloss). The more agent they add, the more matte your finish becomes. Doing it this way, would also give your semi gloss black protection since it is clearcoated. So everytime you wipe off your car, your towel will not be black.

Sometimes, they will carry a chart that shows color chips with different ratios of the flattening agent, so you can choose which ratio you want. Example: 70% Clear, 30% Flattening agent.

SEM's also has some lacquer based semi gloss black which looks very nice. You might want to check this out if you find the above is too involved.
grin.gif