Virus

T

TAZ

Boy, I'll be glad when this new Virus is gone....over 850 emails today (and I still have 2 hours left in the day)...what a pain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smashpc.gif

Getting tired of seeing test. TEST, HI, hi, Status, error, STATUS ...probably a 21-26 year old #$@#%(*&^
Just a guess. May be worth putting a poll up to see if we can guess the guy's (or gals) age /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/2idea.gif

I hope they do this guy in when they find them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fire.gif

Road_Guy

It hit my office today, our IT group shut down all access to internet mail sites...some dumba** /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/foreheadslap.gifin the company opened up a mail attachment with the virus, it was sending out mails in my name cause I was in his address book.......sheesh, some people really need to get a life !

My vote: 22-25 yrs old, no job and pissed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry.gifat someone....

nyntyproof

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gifWhere do you think this person is from ?????? Some backwoods dude with nothing to do ,? Or some big city guy that thinks he(or she) is smarter than the average bear???

T

TAZ

hmmmm.
good question.

Probably a little of both of the above posts.
24 years old
bigger city
and PO at somebody
probably got fired
WiLD GuEsS....

Hopefully they'll track the hack down soon.

Blizzard

Ok....don't kill the messenger here.....my thoughts:

He (usually is male) is NOT pissed at anyone. I think he even hopes he gets caught (maybe after a couple more virus'). Why, you say? Because then he will be hired by Microsoft or other company to prevent virus' at a 6-figure salary (for starters). Seems like that's what happens to most of them (after a small court fine).

S

seedeucer

I am a network administrator by day. The word is that the designer is pissed at a company called SCO. SCO is a company who has a copyright on it's Unix Sys V code. SCO is suing IBM who sells servers with the Linux operating system on it. Linux is freeware for any body who wants it. It is also a variant of Unix. IBM sells and services it's servers with the software on it. SCO claims that Linux ripped off SCO by using some of it's source code in the Linux kernel which is the heart of the operating system.

To make a long story short. Once the virus is run it sends out a denial of service attack to the SCO website in order to try and bring it down. SCO has a bounty out on the designer of the virus.

C

capt. mysterio

yeah. sco made a lot of enemies with bringing that suit to court.

here's some information for those interested:
article 1
article 2
article 3

my guess is that it's some high school script kiddie trying to make a name for him/herself (the 'her' is the longshot, i know).