Vinyl Cutters

Wydir

Well since you offered lol........ I would like to get a small vinyl cutter what is a decent brand with out breaking the bank? I am new to these but I have had to go to the local sign shop to get stuff made for masking up different designs. would be nice to have a small unit here to do some of my own.

Thanks in advance

Don

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
have a look at the ones by Roland The ones I know of are the Stika models. The gx 24 or the Camm 1 models are very good to but they are up there in the price. Be care of the US Cutters they are made in china and nearly impossible to get parts for.

Wydir

Thanks looks like they are between 1700.00-3400.00 for the GX-24 also what about a good printer to compliment this plotter?

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
the gx 24 is an awesome machine. By color printer do you mean one for printing on vinyl. Those are not cheap.
The gx 24 comes with software, plus a plug in that runs and cuts from corel draw or photoshop. But then so do the Stikas.

Brian Dee

Super Moderator
roland and graph tec have these color printers. but they are not cheap. Neither are the color refills

Wydir

Just thought I would follow up as to what I ended up buying. For a plotter I got a Graphtec FC7000-130 and for the printer I got an HP L25500 60" latex unit

Dannyfum

@Brian Dee can you recommend me a good vinyl cutter?

I'm looking for an electric cutter for some time now and can't make up my mind.

I mean I was looking through the net and read a bunch of reviews and didn't get smarter. It's like those reviews were written by people who have only read about the cutters.

I came across a different blog. The blogger is criticizing the brands. Maybe it's too much for my taste. Anyways I've read this best vinyl cutter review and got me thinking. More like I have a bunch of questions.

Which one would you get? Do I have to spend big bucks for a decent machine?

Any input is highly appreciated

tloftis

Hello All, should anyone need help with vinyl cutters let me know. Will be glad to help.
Brian.
I have a printer for printing vinyl wraps. I need some software to use to layout the car. I can get the car in the cad program or whatever I decide to use. I have all the pro camera gear to take it and digitize it. Then it can be put in the software and designed on. Can anyone share some software advice?

Thugstylespeed

Hello All, should anyone need help with vinyl cutters let me know. Will be glad to help.
Brian.
Hey Brian. I own a custom motorcycle shop that specializes in custom paint and powder coat. Do you mind telling me what you think is best for me as far as the vinyl cutter /plotters go? I was thinking about the Roland.