Very smooth and beatuiful paint

• Thread starter 18 year old flame painter
  • Start date

18 year old flame painter

If you want some nice paint and just want to pratice. I used krylon flat black and a clear coat to practice. This may seam stupid but it is cheap and it works. Although krylon doesn't work good for flames it will show yow how to sand and buff. Like in the flame painting section use 2000 grit sand paper and make sure you wash the paint or when you go to sand you will put big scraches in it. It really doesn't matter on this paint but its a good habit to get into. After you paint it you can see the wavyness in the clear coat. Thats what you want to get out. After it has dried a couple of days because it gums up if you do it to eairly (this sucks)Wash it and start sanding. If you dry it off you can see that on some parts you have knocked off the tops of the waves and you can still see the shiny divits. There should be no shinyness whatsoever. After that is all done buff it with some fine buffing compound. If you have a buffer thats the best but the good old hand works good too. After you can see youself in the paint. You now know how to have the best paint job in town unless somebody read this too. But make sure you use "real" paint aka. PPG or similar. I did this today and I can tell you the krylon looks like a show winning paint job. But DON'T USE KRYLON ON YOUR CAR. Not a good idea. From the 18 year old flame painter keep painting.