UK thru an airbrush?

S

sw engineering

Before I go ruining my brush, I thought I'd better ask this question....will HOK UK's (or any catalyst paint for that matter) go thru an airbrush without making a mess? I have Iwatas (HP-Cs and a Micron) with oring mod.s but I've never shot a catalyst type paint thru them, just thru mini guns. I've been using KK's w/sg100 but I think UK's are way deeper and I'd like to try them instead of the KKs. I don't want to use the UK for detailed stuff, just for general dusting like lets say the outline of a flame job. Anybody know if it can be done?

rex

Don't rely on this but I don't see why it wouldn't work if you thin it down more.Of course cleanup will have to be a little more painstaking,don't want a chunk of that hardening up and spitting out.I'm not sure if the depth will change drastically though compared to the KK since since the brush puts it on so thin,someone that knows this stuff will have to let you know.

Bornhard

I don't like running catalyzed paints through my airbrush, but it will work. All you NEED to do is throughly clean it out with solvent immediately after use

S

sw engineering

i tried it....it worked but it was not worth the extra effort, cleaning and mixing wise. I'm probably going to stick with the KK's
thanks for the help