trying to gain insight

califabricator

hello everyone..

just a few lines to intro myself. my name is edward and im joining this forum to try and better the condition of my toys. my 2002 f150 harley edition and my 2005 zx 636, both in excellent conditon but need just a little care.

* i had my 636 custom painted by a hot rod shop and they did a fairly decent job. i think i could of done better if i would have had the paint booth, equipment a little experience and this forum.

* my f150 HD is my baby right now. took off the pinstripe flames on both sides and now im facing new paint underneath where the pinstripe was removed. the paint around where the stripe was is fairly in good conditon. I called the body shop where i painted my bike and they were talking about wet sand and a buff. went and got an estimate from another shop for 285.00 but i left uncertain if this would do the job also would the whole side be taken care of or just where the stripe is not matching (the whole side matching is my main concern).

so im here trying to gain a little insight as to what i would need to set up and do it myself. Im hoping to meet some really cool people on here.
the forums i bleong to "zx6r" & "lightningrodder" have all been good to me and what it is im trying to do.

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum

I wonder how a hot rod paint job gets away with painting without a booth...hmmmm.