Trying my hand at a flamed bike.

wayneh

Been posting this build under current projects but thought I'd stick a couple of pics here in the flame forum. Been away from the paint scene for over 25 years but bought a new bike and decided to build a custom. A couple of months practicing the airbrush chops with waterborne colors through the winter and started on the bike as soon as the weather allowed (unheated garage). It's coming along, got the art on the fairing done today. Still have the tank to flame and the rear fender to paint and flame. Here's the progress so far.

front2.jpg right.jpg skullfinal.jpg cleared1.jpg

fiftyfourd

looking pretty killer man, what waterborne are you using? I know some other people on here have been asking how waterborne does in airbrushes.

wayneh

Thanks guys. Here's a few of the finished bike. fiftyfourd, I was using Auto Air and Wicked Colors waterborne paints for practice. They worked pretty well although the colors are not quite the same as uro candies. I did a helmet with them and in came out pretty nice.

Here's a couple of the helmet.finished 2.jpg finished 5.jpg finished 6.jpg

Here's he bike finished._MG_5039edit.jpg _MG_5008edit.jpg _MG_5046edit.jpg_MG_5080edit.jpg