True fire Using Duplicolor Paintshop base and candy

Aaron Pelfrey

Googled everything about paint shop paint and flames but couldn't find anything so my buddy got a free paint job. Cost him $100 in material free laborimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome!
So your buddy got a 'free' paint job for $100?

Surprised you couldn't find anything about custom painting.... I just Googled "paint shop paint and flames" and came up with 14,000,000 results.

Aaron Pelfrey

I love a good smart ass on forums, my buddy bought the paint and it was free labor. As for the paint, u won't find anywhere on google that anyone has painted a true fire technique with paint shop candy paint just trying to help people out that didn't wanna pay HOK prices for a single true fire color paint job

Last edited:

DrGrafix

I love a good smart ass on forums, my buddy bought the paint and it was free labor. As for the paint, u won't find anywhere on google that anyone has painted a true fire technique with paint shop candy paint just trying to help people out that didn't wanna pay HOK prices for a single true fire color paint job

Just like to say I really like your reverse paint scheme. Your buddy is lucky to have a friend with your skills. I had someone (yeah an old friend) who was going to help me out with my truck but he bailed so I'm back out in the cold again LOL. All I want to do is paint flames centered on my cowl hood and then maybe have a sort of repeat on the fiberglass bed cover.

But anyway... it'd be nice if you showed some different stages and explained the paint process.

Mike

TAZ

Administrator
Staff member
Not being a smart-ass, just going by what you said in your post.
Now that you've edited it, it makes more sense.

Here was your original post (this program saves the original even though you edited it)
Googled everything about paint shop paint and flames but couldn't find anything so my buddy got a free paint job. Cost him $100

You can see how someone would think that the free paint job cost $100
As far as the Google results, I'm not for sure how you didn't come up with any results.

Aaron Pelfrey

Yes there's tons of flame true fire paint jobs on google but none that I found that use "duplicolor paintshop paint". It's cheap. If u look up "true fire" everyone uses HOK paints this paint job cost him 60 in paint as opposed to 6 or 700 and o Reilly's, autozone, etc carry it