tribal blades

Carcher7878

Anyone know how this is achieved, or have some type of pattern. I have been all around looking. and all I find is that people want money to show someone an example and let them know how they started with what they know and let people like me take it from there and pt my own into it.

Im new to paint completely and have paid a boat load of money on equipment and books that dont tell you crap. you see in the list.. LEARN HOW TO PAINT/ AIRBRUSH LIKE PROS.. you open the book and it shows something already painted, and what colors they used. So what if I want a diff color? how did they come up with it?

I just want some knowledge that I wont sell, that I wont mass produce.. I just want my bike painted and air brushed with my own hands and money that I dont have to pay someone else to do...

Am I wrong for asking this? if so I am sorry, but thats not the american way. lol

:cheers:

Archer

Last edited:

mick66

trial and error

this is a great site to ask questions and get advice but no one can teach you like experience get some old fenders and a tank and practice my first flames looked like tadpoles swimmin inna pond but after some practice im about ready to shoot the real thing good luck and have fun:luck:

flamepain

absolutly correct mick.we can help you with your mixes and stuff we cant make you a good artist.practice and you will prevail.get a scetch pad and try drawing your flames .use others work as an example.good luck.cyas.

airartist

I'm not sure what blades you are referring to, but I would be more than happy to give any advice possible on techniques. if you would like to see any of my work, you could go to the coastairbrush website and look in the Artist Gallery for De Anda and you can see a couple of my paintings (airbrush illustrations). I swithed to the custom painting scene about 8 years ago. I have over 22yrs experience and I have no problem sharing what I know.

Carcher7878

Im not looking for someone to teach me how to paint, more like ... guidence.

How do you come up with the effect

how do you highlight, what do you look for.

things like that. That way I can sit down, read what others have done that have worked for them, and then take it into my own hands. I dont have fenders to work with. I have a couple broken motorcycle plastics, and a CF panel. lol Thats what I have to practice on until I tackle the 929RR. Thanks for hte advice guys...

Im also looking for patterns. what others have used, see what I can take out of it and make it my own. Do I go solid color with tribel markings? inside those markings do a rusted sheet metal with rivits.. These are the things I am looking for.. I have a headache now. lol

Archer

hoss

i tape out my graphics. whether it's a blade or whatever, then i tape them again on the inside of the original graphic whatever size i want my blade effect to be. then, i tape the inside of my second tape layout just leaving the blade areas exposed. next i hightlight one side and darken the other. on points i use a freehand shield and harden the edge w/ the darker color.

you just have to do some searches for pics and see what they are doing. you can find easy effects that you know you can do. so copy them as soon as you figured that out the harder effects will come easier to you. the more you know the more you grow :). just look at examples, do a google search or something.

flamepain

tip:when you try to draw that on paper (practice) use your elbow as an axis point .that way you get a smoothe curve.cyas

the_grider

Haven't signed in for awhile, but airbrush.com has all kinds of how too's and reference work. You might check there also. Good luck.