Transfering Pattern

69suprspt

Over the last few months, I have painted a few flame jobs. They all have came out nice but the only problem I have is. Transfering my patten from one side of the car to the other side. I start In the center of the hood And go to my right. across the hood down the fender and into the door. It takes me about 30 min. Coping what I did on the other side takes about 3 or 4 hours. Any suggestions.

ezrider

Thanks JAMMINJ i couldnt go into that much detail for my last post it was on my lunch 1/2 hour and i was going to go in to detail after work
bigokay.gif

69suprspt

Thanks for the info. I new about the pounce wheel but, I have not been able to find an art supply store close to me that has one. I have another Flame job In a couple weeks. I will try that method on it. Again thanks.

rex

If you plan on doing lots of this,make up a full pattern.Do what they said for one side,just fold a piece twice that size in half.A few sizes and a few different patterns and taping is a much quicker task as you're trying to play with multiple colors and a diminishing recoat window.

69suprspt

I've been using the pattern out of the HOK BAG OF FLAMES kit I just lay it on the windshield and copy it. Hopefully by the next time I will have a pounce wheel. Thanks for the links. I'll check them out.

J

JAMMINJ

LIKE EZ SAID THE POUNCE METHOD IS THE BEST WAY TO GET THE SAME DESIGN ON BOTH SIDES. AFTER TAPING OFF ONE SIDE AND YOU ARE SATISFIED, MASK OVER THE DESIGN WITH MASKING PAPER, USE A PENCIL TO SCETCH OVER THE RAISED AREAS (WHERE THE TAPE IS) NOW YOUR DESIGN WILL BE TRANSFERRED ON TO THE PAPER. THE DESIGN WILL NOW BE BACKWARDS FOR THE OTHER SIDE. TAPE THE PAPER TO A SLIDING GLASS WINDOW WITH THE PENCIL MARKS AGAINST THE GLASS SO YOU CAN SEE THE LINES ON THE CLEAN SIDE OF THE PAPER, TRACE THE LINES ONTO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PAPER, NOW YOU WILL HAVE THE DESIGN TO GO ONTO THE OPPOSITE SIDE. LAY DOWN AN OLD BLANKET OR SHEET ANYTHING SOFT ONTO A TABLE OR WORK BENCH, TAKE THE POUNCE WHEEL AND RUN ALONG THE DESIGN PREFFORATING THE PAPER, TAPE THE DESIGN ON THE CAR AND POUNCE WITH CHALK, A SOCK FILLED WITH CONTRACTERS LINE CHALK WORKS FINE, REMOVE THE PAPER NOW YOU WILL HAVE LINES TO FOLLOW WITH 1/8" TAPE. HERE IS A COMPANY THAT SELLS POUNCING TOOLSPOUNCING TOOLS

J

JAMMINJ

TRY LOOKING IN YOUR YELLOW PAGES UNDER "SIGN PAINTING MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES". THE POUNCING METHOD IS COMMONLY USED TO PAINT SIGNS. ALSO CHECK THE FABRIC STORE, THE POUNCE METHOD IS ALSO USED WHEN TRANSFFERING CLOTHES PATTERNS ON TO FABRIC. IF YOU GET A CHANCE CHECK OUT DICKBLICK.COM THEY HAVE SOME NICE POUNCE TOOLS.

T

TAZ

Originally posted by nos kid:
how much do you jobs cost and where are you stationed
bounce.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can find out our information on the Contact Us page. We can also give you an estimate by filling out this form
Thank You!
good_bye.gif