Total bike mural suggestions!

P

Photog101

I am in the process of getting ready for a winter project of a total repaint of my 2000 GL1500. At present it is totally black (nice pallet to start with).
What I am looking to do is Start at the front with an Eagle that covers the front fairing and fender with Stars and Stripes in the wings.
Then further back I want to have the false tank covers on both sides to have the look of the Vietnam Memorial Wall but I want to add the names of those six men that were lost from my graduating class, all grouped together. Both sides would be alike and I will probably use mylar stencils made from rubbings from one of the traveling walls.
The side lowers panels are to look like the bottom of the Memorial wall.
On the rear saddlebag covers would have the Vietnam Serviceman’s memorial (the three soldiers standing) and on the other side would be the Nurse’s Memorial.
The front end should not be too much of a problem. Straight up Mural of the Eagle with Start and Stripes. However I would like to know how to get the granite effect behind the names that I will be using on the false tank covers. Also I would like to know how the best way to get the weathered bronze effect of the two Memorials that will be on the saddlebag covers.
Also, on the GL1500’s they have a chrome front end on the top of the front fairing and I need to paint it as part of the eagle. What is the best way to get the paint to hold to the chrome?
I will be working with all new panels, so I should not even loose any riding time.
Thanx in advance:
“Doc”

ezrider

Doc, sounds like you have your work cut out for you as far as a granite effect it goes like this
Spray a white base
Streak a little grey through the white
Speckle White, Grey and black (popsickle stick technique)
Add cracks or whatever art (The Names you mentioned)
This should give you a granite effect, you will have to adjust the darkness to your likings with the grey streaks or maybe streak some black to darken it up. as far as the weathered bronze i have not done any thing like that YET. as far as painting chrome Sand it then prime it( 180 grit should do it )then paint Hope this helps
bigokay.gif