This Bud's For You!

Vettra

Hey Guys.
Haven't logged in for a while. Been busy painting my Electra Glide- The result of which gave me inspiration for this blog.

For those not familiar with who I am- I have a successfull video and animation studio in Tampa, Fl. We are celebrating 10 years in business in 2010 and have a client list that includes- The Atlanta Falcons, Buccaneers, Rays, VISA Verizon...

I got into painting because there is no tactile feedback when you are working on a computer all day. Yes you can accomplish some really cool high-tec productions and although that pays the bills, I was looking for another challenge. My plan is to just take on a bike or so a month as a side business as scratch my creative itch.

Now to the point- I don't know if you long timers are jaded to this but there is almost a distiguishable high when you shoot the clear coat over what seems to be just dull paint and bring it to life. Man that is awesome! It is more exciting for me as I used to have a phobia of clearcoats until I got help from this forum.

Now I know there are those of you with full custom shops who more or less just manage the biz. In my case, it is just me. So it is up to me to dis-assemble, prep, paint and finalize the project. I have got to tell you, I haven't worked so hard in a long time. Of course I didn't make my first full project easy as I am using tri stage candy with two-tone and other graphics.

Anyway- here is to you guys that have made a living in the custom paint business and I hope you have as much fun in your 20th year as I am having in my first.

Craig