Stripe Paint Lifting

C

capn

I did a stripe job on a 68 Camaro today and pulled the tape a little too late. Part of the curved portion of the layout lifted bout half-inch. Its HOK white base with Hok clear sprayed over it. I looked at it later and it seems to have laid back down but I know it is not down good. I plan to sand the edges slightly and clear the entire deck lid tomorrow being careful not to disturb the area that lifted. Any advice or suggestions on anything I should do to make this work out? Thanks

jdean

the direction you pull the tape off is key. if its dry, wait a day then rub your finger back and forth side ways over the paint edge. as the paint is stuck were it should be, it's not stuck were yer tape was. work it back and forth and it should break off at the tape line.,assuming the paint is over the tape and not bled underneath . also, for simple striping, use the least amount of product possible. really shoulda gone with a single stage, the clear only makes for a higher edge and in turn makes tape removal a little nerve wracking .