Strange urethane enamel problems

mordantly

I have a qt of mont senoir cross fire made and sealed about 4 or 5 years ago from napa. Open it today and it is half empty. What solvents it had evidently evaporated through the plastic can.

Can I add the missing 10 ish oz as reducer?

How long should it be able to be stored when newly filled/sealed?

Would a mix station lid work as a storage lid or only in a high turn over like paint mixers/shops?

samalarcon

I would dump this just to be really safe and get a fresh one instead. Why take chances ruining your ride's appearance? Does this make any logical sense?

flashtimes

I have a qt of mont senoir cross fire made and sealed about 4 or 5 years ago from napa. Open it today and it is half empty. What solvents it had evidently evaporated through the plastic can.

Can I add the missing 10 ish oz as reducer?

How long should it be able to be stored when newly filled/sealed?

Would a mix station lid work as a storage lid or only in a high turn over like paint mixers/shops?
Here's the best advice...get a copy of the Tech Data Sheet, and read the "shelf life" on the TDS. If the paint is older than the shelf life, then you'll have ZERO idea what will happen if you spray it. If it's older than the shelf life and you use it, you're making a HUGE mistake! Take it to your local auto paint store, have them dispose of it, and get new paint. Good Luck!