Spraygun

S

Sioux

Well i used to airbrush a lot on canvas and I am trying to learn more about custom painting (2 moths now) .I want to ask you what a good spraygun is (brand an payeble) and a bigger compressor is also needed .I have a sil-air 20 a now .. Could you give me some advise and some urls ? thx and many greetz . Sioux..

rex

I'm using a DeVilbiss GFG gravity feed with a 1.4 tip and it sprays everything nice.I think I gave $300 for it but it goes about 50 higher.For a compressor you want to have at least a 5hp 80gallon tank with a 2stage pump I believe.That will get you through anything small and supplies enough air to do a car or truck.Over here you can usually find one for around $900 at a discount hardware store like Home Depot or Lowes if those names are familiar.

S

Sioux

Ok thx the most work I ve done now is on Motor tanks and Hlemets , scooters.Do you still need such a big compressor then ?

rex

That is a bit big for the air consumption you use on that stuff.I'm really not sure what size would suit you but I think a 30gallon tank with a good sized pump and motor would work fine.You might want to figure out how much yours is lacking and compare it to the next few sizes larger to get a better idea.It never hurts to have a little more compressor than you need because it will be easier on the motor and pump if it doesn't have to work constantly to keep up with you.Then you have to figure one day someone's going to want you to do something bigger than you're doing now,or you might yourself.Hope this helps.

S

Sioux

can you give me some direct url`s of som good compressors? thx and greetzz