Spray paint + powder coating clear ?

mulo

Hi guys,

I started to paint a short time ago -and never used powder coating (although I know the principles of the method)- so I'm sorry if my question sounds stupid :)
Some pieces I paint are prone to scratches, corrosion etc so I got interested in powder coating. However I won't be able to paint cool designs such as what I can do with my gun and airbrushes.
So I was wondering: what about painting as usual and then cover with a powder clearcoat to get the hardest protection ?
However I've got no idea if it is possible: will the paint resist the temperature in the oven during the polymerization ? Someone ever did it ?
Actually is the powder clear coat harder than a 2K clearcoat ?

Thanks guys for any insights !

Thugstylespeed

Hi guys,

I started to paint a short time ago -and never used powder coating (although I know the principles of the method)- so I'm sorry if my question sounds stupid :)
Some pieces I paint are prone to scratches, corrosion etc so I got interested in powder coating. However I won't be able to paint cool designs such as what I can do with my gun and airbrushes.
So I was wondering: what about painting as usual and then cover with a powder clearcoat to get the hardest protection ?
However I've got no idea if it is possible: will the paint resist the temperature in the oven during the polymerization ? Someone ever did it ?
Actually is the powder clear coat harder than a 2K clearcoat ?

Thanks guys for any insights !
Powder cures at 400 degrees for a period of 10 - 20 minutes. The timer does not start till the part reaches 400 degrees. There are a few paints that can resist that degree of heat