Spray hood, protection from fumes question, etc.

B

big stinkie

Any suggestion for a good paint hood to protect oneself from paint fumes? Heard that there are some that pump filtered air from outside into the hood via a hose.

Or any other suggestions for keeping fro absorbing all the nasty stuff through eyes...

Currently using appropriate respirator filter, but am concerned about eyes and skin.

B

Big Chicken

Spraytech.com and a few others sell desktop air recirculator booths, they run about $1500. Only big enough for one piece at a time.

B

big stinkie

Oops. I guess I wasn't real clear on what I was asking about. Sorry...

What I am interested in is a hood/mask setup that actually goes over the painter's head. It forces filtered, fresh air into the hood for breathing and keeps fumes from entering you system via skin and eyes.

In conjuction with a spray booth, a hood like that would let a person be reasonably sure of not poisoning themselves.

B

Big Chicken

I just picked up two of 3M's self contained fresh air systems. The whole unit is contained on a belt around your waist. They use a rechargable battery for power, and a helmet kind of like a welding mask. I think they work great so far.

B

Big Chicken

I got them for a deal, but I think they cost about $1000 - $1200. i got mine for $700 each but I did buy two. Again I think they work great. No hoses and extra pumps to plumb and plug in. check out www.envirosafetyproducts.com
I think they are called the l-series hood.