Spray guns ???

RobS

I have a Star 400 HVLP gravity feed gun and it works ok with high pressure 40 psi When I try to spray at 10 psi at the gun / nozzle; the paint builds on the tip and goes on thick and mottled. Sooo I'm looking for another gun. Can anyone recommend a better gun please. I'm in Australia. I'm thinking toward IWATA units. Does anyone have ideas about these guns ?

BeoBob

First, welcome aboard.

A guns rated pressure it typically at the tip. Which you can not measure without special equipment. 25PSI to 35PSI at the inlet is normal depending on what you are spraying.

Lots of choices when it comes to guns. Iwata makes good stuff. I have a mini-gun from them I like a lot. I also have a Tekna (Devilbiss) that I also like, but it is for larger projects. Sata is supposed to be a good choice as well.

Figure out what you want the gun to do and then do some research to find the make/model that will fit that job. Then ask around to see if anyone is using that gun and what they think.

RobS

Thanks...I also have that Iwata mini gun it is fantastic for tight spots. I've looked at the Tekna site and the Sata site . Tekna is very informative Sata is secretive. More research to do. Yep I'm painting a whole car. I will ring a few local paint shops plus a custom paint man that I know to see what they think. It's a funny business this paint stuff. It's very hard to find prices and true reviews of the guns performance. I thought I would do a internet search first but it turns out the phone will be better.