Spray gun for a newbie

I

imported_Bruce

I want to paint my wife's motorcycle tank and fenders and I want it nice but it doesn't need to be perfect. What gun can I get away with? I'm a woodworker as well and thought I could use the gun for spraying other projects. I've painted a car before so I know what it takes but need a little help picking a gun I can "get away with" without breaking my budget.

groovesdown

Bruce, nobody likes to do things on the cheap more than me. Ive painted 3 bikes now with the same spray gun. It's a touch up gun I paid $20.00 for it at Menards. It's made by "Tool Shop". I dont know anything about the tip size. Works for me. Just make sure you clean thouroghly after each use. Someday I'll get a more priceier one and see if I can tell the difference.

Groovesdown

D

DenB.

check your yellow pages for a used tool store we've got one here. i went in and found a small gravity feed gun it was a knock off of a $150. devilbis and the thing sprays great just play with the sttings untill you get the spray you need on a test panel and you'll do fine

I

imported_Bruce

Originally posted by DenB.:
check your yellow pages for a used tool store we've got one here. i went in and found a small gravity feed gun it was a knock off of a $150. devilbis and the thing sprays great just play with the sttings untill you get the spray you need on a test panel and you'll do fine
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

I

imported_Bruce

Who makes the Devilbess knock-off? Perhaps I can find one on eBay as there are no used tool stores around here.

P

Pigpipes

Check with yout local parts stores for an ATD HVLP gun. It's a Sata knockoff and I paid about $88.00 for mine. I bought it just to have an extra gun for intercoat clears, but have tried it on bases and clears and am impressed with the performance. It's no GTI but it's alot closer than I'd have thought.