Spray flames with the right gun

T

TAZ

When spraying a set of flames on a set of bike parts, be sure and use a gun with good atomization. If you use a 'larger' gun like the SATA's, you will get too much buildup.
I personally use the Iwata W-100 (I have few of them). Sprays it on, and gets it covered with minimal thickness.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif

T

TAZ

Al,
Never used the LPH 100, so I really couldn't tell you. I just bought another W-100....if it ain't broke dont' fix it

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drink.gif

Stretch

Hey Scott, is it a matter of using the right gun or the right setup for the gun you have? Seems using a larger gun is fine if you just bring the fan size down a bit and back off on the paint flow?

I was thinking of trying out the LPH-50 as a compliment to the full-size gun I already have. Seems like it'd be a good in-between for a full-size gun and an airbrush. I wish Iwata gave more details about their guns. Near as I can tell, the W-100 takes more pressure to run than the LPH-100 and has a smaller (4") spray pattern.

-Stretch

flamethrower

Stretcher, I just bought an LPH-100 and I asked the "expert" the same question about the 50. He said that it was a good gun, but for the best results use the LPH100 due to it atomizing better than the 50. I still haven't shot my 100, but the price difference was minimal so I decided on the side of advice.

Jim

If your looking for a good mid size gun,you gotta try the Sata mini-jet,I love it,goes all the way down to the size of a pencil eraser up to about 4in. It atomizes really well,great gun for fades,jambs,outlines etc.they're about $200,Jim

Stretch

I've already got a DeVilbiss GTI so I'm not sure I need another full size spray gun which is what the LPH-100 seems to be. From everything I've read the LPH-50 atomizes far better than a mini-jet. I haven't used either so I can't comment directly.

-Stretch

Jim

Wow,that must be one nice gun,cause I love the Mini-jet.I'm looking for a better airbrush too,but them Iwata's sure are high,But,I guess,You get what you pay for.Jim

Stretch

I've never heard anything bad on the Mini-Jet and everyone seems to love them. But I've also heard that the LPH-50 puts it to shame from those that have used both. If anyone out there wants to send me both I'll gladly test them and post the results ;-)

-Stretch

Austin

I think SATA heard the comments about the 50, because they improved the mini jet again. They say it atomizes even better than the previous model. I might have to ask to use a demo, SATA's US home base is only about 20 miles from me. It's called the "SATA mini jet 4" now.
Austin
strech if ya swing by MN I'll let ya use my mini jet and even my RP for a couple days! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif

Stretch

Which atomizes better, the W-100 or LPH-50? They seem to be really similar guns with the W-100 spraying a bit bigger pattern and using much more air.

-Stretch

T

TAZ

I haven't used a LPH-50, so I couldn't help you out here. Maybe I'll try one or check one out soon!
Scott