SPAM Problem

SportriderBryan

I know I'm new here but when I check to see if there's new posts I hate to see all this SPAM.

My suggestion would be to add a required comment to the staff of CPF in the forum member application. If you made someone tell why they want to join instead of open applications, SPAM would pretty much be eliminated. I don't think it would cause anyone that really wants to join any heartache.

Also, I don't know if nonmembers can post anywhere but keeping it members only posting would help to. Let the visitors look but no posting.

I hope I'm not stepping on any toes cause otherwise I love this gathering of the minds. It has been very helpful.

T

TAZ

Bryan,

Haven't had a problem until I recently upgraded the program couple weeks ago. I'll take a look at what I can do including taking a look at your suggestions and see what I can do.

Thanks to all for the heads up on the spam posts!

Scott (TAZ)

SportriderBryan

Not trying to be a pain in the arse, but signing in and trying to sort through real posts and SPAM ****s. I like to check out the real ones.

T

TAZ

I understand....I believe I have them all deleted now.

If you see any others, please let me know.

Thanks!

Scott

T

TAZ

Do you need a SPAM chasing MOD? I can do it for you.
Thanks Bryan,
Not for sure on that last one. I'll just leave it.

I believe the program has one (or equivalent). I'll have to look into it.
Thanks for the offer though!

Probably something I changed over the weekend that did this. Never had a problem before.

I changed the setting so a couple of the form fields are required on registration. Hopefully this helps eliminate it.
Scott

T

TAZ

Oh crap...didn't even catch that one :sillyme:

:haha:
When you said 'MOD', I thought you meant a mod to the program to catch the spam before it's posted (some type of program)
:haha:

Yes, I'll take you up on the SpamModerator
not many benefits though.
Welp...back to work

:drunk: