Smoke Flames

W

Wolf30999

Iam looking for tips and ideas on flames with a smoke apparency to them? Any help or ideas dealing with a smoke theme would be appreciated.. Thanks....

M

moore

The best thing about smoke patterns is that you can never realy do them wrong. An long as they're smooth natural lines you'll never now anything different, the same for natural looking flames. Just remember that its better to do to little then to much, keep it simple and flowing.

Blue72

Hmmmm I was thinking of doing flames like this too. Anyone have some sample pics of smoked flames??

hoss

I wonder if the same tech. could be used as the realistic flames, just start w/ blue then grey then white or something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/think.gif

wammied

I bet you could fire up an acetylene torch with little no no oxygen and wave your part over the sooty flame and get a cool effect.
Then you could prolly clear over it.
Worth a shot on a test panel.
Good luck,
Mike

Blue72

Thats what we did in our kitchen on the roof with a kerosine lamp. While the paint is still wet you fire up the lamp and let the black smoke swirl into the paint. Give a very cool smoke effect

A

alienboy

Have you shot a test panel yet, I would love to know the resault....

T

TAZ

How the heck did you come accross that site...and remember it flamethrower?
Inquiring minds want to know
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

flamethrower

I saw it on the back of a city bus! It's an ad by this "Secondhandsmokesyou" group out here in Washington. I'm kinda into the Grim One so I searched it out and book marked it for future use. I'm thinking about adding something like this on my rear fender and side of tanks (minus the ashtray of course...). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

nyntyproof

That reaper would look good on a bike...Maybe looking over a pile of skulls , and even further....skulls wearing helmets...I want the reaper standing on my back..looking over my left shoulder., with his skeleton arm and hand reaching down my arm...off of his hand I'll be pulling a wheelie on my harley...Flaming off of his hand...Instead of the v twin motor , I want a heart with my daughters name in it....now to get some one to draw it for me , thats the challenge /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/peace.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/peace.gif