shooting 1shot

Ultra Al

Im looking at shooting some 1 shot thru my brush, I know it dries slow and I know there can be some issues clearing over it. Ive heard that a small amout of catylist (the same as what you are using in your top clearcoat) can cure these issues. My question, if you reduce the 1 shot pearl colors enough to flow well, does it still retain its pearl qualities? Anybody who has used 1 shot I would appreciate your experience, Thanks, AL

Skeletoil

One shot or repaint...

Just bought a 10 pak of One Shot Enamels. Enamels go on wet and stay wet, long dry, long flash time. That's why pinstripers like them. For pinstripping your top coat clear has hardners that should set the pinstripes with the clear coat.
Allow extra flash time, if you are painting a large area with enamels I would use a catylist or hardner or you will never get your project finished. Enamels 30 days still soft, 90 days full cure with hardner.

Skeletoil

Stupid is as stupid does...

I once painted a black Yamaha tank, cleared that day. Lightly knocked down some nibs with 1500 and buffed and waxed in 2 days. Dupount enamel. guy still has the bike 10 after paint. Would not recommend waxing that soon after painting for a few years.