scott

hoss

nice to see you in the X riders club. What made you choose the 1300 over the 1800?

T

TAZ

Don't know to be honest....I was going to even get a smaller bike, but ended up getting the 1300.
Added some 'Hardchrome' pipes and they sound excellent with the Hypercharger.
Had to mess with the carb jets.
Love it though!

The 1800 sure is a beefy lookin' bike!

Talk to you later...Scott

hoss

yup, it's carbed. I like how they say it's the small bike. 1300 cc. is bigger that just about everything (factory produced) out there.

did you think about filling in that lip around the bottom of the tank?

Hard chromes are cool pipes. I made some slip ons for mine. i went to the muffler shop, ordered some 26" long by 4" wide chromed pipes (pick up truck exhaust tips). they are deep! love em. I think i'm going to change them to a two into one though. I was thinking about putting a 6" diesel stack on the one side and bring the hard bags i found ($40) around them for that big butt look.

lots of ideas so little time!

T

TAZ

You can get the 1300 in either the fuel injected or the carb, I opted for the carb.

I believe the 1800 also was the same way.

I've done a couple where we took care of the seam. I was too busy at the time doing my Big Bear Choppers DA, which is now built and already gone. I might end up getting a 3000 Sled...we'll see. Too busy to think about it right now.

Your pipes sound pretty cool!!!

...by the way, the Devils' Advocated was my first bike. I had this bought before I bought the VTX. Bought the VTX to get some miles under my belt before I hopped on the 110 HP DA

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eekout.gif

hoss

the x is a good riding smooth bike, especially for the price of the previous year models.

it is good to be busy- good luck w/ your 110