Scott ? Rex? others? Sanding clear..?

M

Mac_Muz

I would not reccomend the shower as a paint booth, but I have 2 cats and one is a wicked long hair. Both were wanting to HELP! AAHHHHHHHH!

There is a working sky lite in the shower and a window in the washroom. So I opened both and ran a common window fan with 2 furnace filters taped and sealed to that fan, and taped off the windown opening.

I set the fan to blow air in which pressurized the room a little bit, but that helped not suck dust from every crack and crevice.

I could see the over spray go out the sky lite which was open about 1". just this past Saturday I went in there and scrubbed all the over spray dust I made off everything.

Most things were covered by expendable cloth, as we used the shower and wash room during this time, which made for a lot of doulbe labor.

But it was work there or not work at all, as it was snowing very often outside and so wet and too cold for the paint.

I dream of a work shop for any projects... if your married it can really push your wife's buttons to try this. My wife is not a real woman, but more of an angel.... Mac... I guess I got lucky the 2nd time around.....

Oh came back on edit: Where I noticed fumes most was on me coming out of the washroom... I dashed outside and wiped my face with a cloth holding my breath to remove my mask a 3-M pro something organic mask, and not a pressurized one that the instructions called for.... I hope I have not killed myself... I could smell that on me for a bit after as well..... I wish I had all the best safety gear, but I don't....

rex

Thanx Mac,but no need to thank me,I like to help.My only prob is I type real slow and it's real hard to describe what I'd rather be one on one to show and describe to you.Camo,oh boy.This is the way it's done around here-a couple cans of Krylon in the right colors.Dont tape off the patterns either,just what you don't want painted.No hard lines between colors and low gloss can camo dents if done right,let alone hiding all the smaller flaws.To add the finishing touch,hold up some native foliage and fog some black around the edges.Good luck and ask away.Hey,don't forget Ezrider,he knows his **** .He seems to be a pretty buisy man though,hopefully I'll have that problem sometime soon.

M

Mac_Muz

busy, did you say busy? The radiator in my car cracked wide open yesterday, I gotta take my bike (toy) to work I hate that as I like to ride to relax not to commute....

I can't decide if I should do the truck or the car first... I am a wreck about now... the water pressure dropped wicked bad here today maybe the pump? I dunno will have to check that later...... I was kidding about the 3 colors in one gallon....

I just need the truck to take a sticker this year and it won't just now, but has to in Sept...

Next year it can get body pannels and stripped to bare metal and get a real paint job.

This year it needs steel patches, and stuff..

My car needs the real work and a fender that was hit will be replaced.

I want to change the color 1/2 decently from a metalic blue that it is now to the Dodge blue for 99 and 00 blue... I for get the name... it is darker than I have and a deeper bright look at the same time...

I called it electric but then there is a color called that, and these 2 are not the same color... I just can't think of that name..... maybe it will come to me.... I hate when that happens..... Anyway I like that color pretty well. Maybe I will think of something to customize it too.... it will be a 1985 Volvo 240 (wagon) with a turbo..... Somehow I can't see flames on it, unless I drop in my 4 bolt main 350 in it! But then I won't drive it due to gas prices.. That would be fun for weekends though..... LOL..... Well I gotta git that 32 miles to the boat shop..... And Oh yeah If I ever meet you I will buy you a cold beer for the help......maybe 2, but I am cheap... Mac

ps: I like the new look Scott! :)

A

american dreamer

hey mac, nice job on the bike ! I hope this first
time helmet turns out as well , that i am working on.
bigokay.gif

M

Mac_Muz

John thanks for the compliment... I tried hard..

I can't post here much till I start my next projects... but I share what I have learned when I can... Mac

J

John/WV

Mac, I've been following the pic you've posted from the start and it really turned out looking great.

bigokay.gif