SATA mini jet 3

M

mikey

Anyone using this gun for motorcycles. I'm thinking of buying one and I'm worried that it might be too small (paint capacity and spray pattern). Also is it good for base and clears

Thanks

D

DaveA

I've got 3 of them- used primarily for bases- good on clear, but I've had good success with the knockoffs for that, so I leave the SATA's for basecoat.

I also have a few Badger 150's that have gotten MUCH less use since I put the first SATA on line- they're so much more precise in their application. I use the .8 cap on them.

I just wish they weren't so freakin' expensive...just went up again in price- but then the $ is down against the Euro, so that may account for part of it. Still, if you can get over the whack to yer wallet, it's all they said it was when they hyped it up to me at the SEMA show a couple of years ago.

DaveA

S

seedeucer

I've got one and I use it on small parts. It's a great gun for going small. I've sprayed everything through it too. I ended up getting it's big brother for bigger things. It atomizes like an airbrush almost. Yes it's expensive but to me it's worth it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bigokay.gif

M

mikey

Would I be able to paint a gas tan with it or is it too small?

R

robert.tallon

The mini-jet will paint fenders, tailgates, bumpers with no problem. I've also used them on helmets, car interior panels, etc.
It's a great little gun. Throws clear on their beautifully to if you know how to use it properly.
Lots of luck. Been using mine for years.

S

seedeucer

The minjet 3 is what I use on tanks, fenders, mailboxes, trashcans, refrigerators, lawnmowers, spot repair etc. Believe me, it will do what you want it to do. It will get a five inch spray pattern if you set it up right.

plazaman

would a mini gun like this work for spraying kitchen cabinets doors? I want something that will give me a great finish. Will it spray primer also? I really dont have a large enough compressor to go with a full size. I wont be painting a car or anything,.

JohnPSW

Anyone using this gun for motorcycles. I'm thinking of buying one and I'm worried that it might be too small (paint capacity and spray pattern). Also is it good for base and clears

Thanks

I use my Minijet 3 for everything. It's the only gun I own. It's got a 1.0 tip. I use it for primer, base & clear. No problem doing a bike.

VisioN

I totally agree with the others. I have two and recently have been looking on ebay for others. They are beautiful guns and perfect for motorcyles. Downside id they are **** expensive.

fireboat

Another gun to consider is the Devilbiss SRi-W bumper demon. It is a great gun IMO. Its good for small parts and great for jambs and bumpers. With up to an 8" spray pattern, you could even paint panels.

'03 zx6r

know this is late, but since everyone is using this for motorcycle parts, can i use my 1 mm. i did start another post and was told that i should just stick to a 1.4. was thinking of using 1.8 for primer then the 1 for the basecoat and clear