references for realictic flames

M

magic

Have been trying my hand at the relistic flames like Mike Lavalee has been doing, and was wondering if anyone has atempted these and I know experience level has everything to do with it but what kind of time frames is anyone else doing these in and does any one have any other references or bikes these are being done on. I saw some the other day on a poker run but the cool twist was they started with a blue hue on the bottom making them look even more realistic. hope to have some pics soon of the ones i have done.

B

BonesFX

OOOOHHHH -- Scott's not gonna like that link!!! -

Remember "Your in Scott's world when you come here - Only His Rules Apply"

Bones!~

flamethrower

Magic, do yourself a favor and edit your post and take the link out. If you like being on this board posting links like that is not a healthy thing to do. Remember, have some respect for the guy who started this website and honor his rules.

FT

M

magic

sorry guys I am new to this and was just admiring everyones work no more links just replies. did not want to offend anyone, and my fault for not reading the rules. again sorry I have the upmost respect for Scott for sharring his world, and everyone who participates in sharing there experiences and knowledge.

Magic

D

DDG

I've done these flames on 3 bikes but unfortunately I can't send out the link to them.
The first set, a split Harley tank and two large fenders,
took about 12 hours of airbrushing, but the skulls slowed things up a little.
The second was on my brothers Shadow and took 4 hours, smaller tank and fenders.
And the tank halves I do take about two hours.
It really depends if you're in the zone, or not sure what you want. The more I do them the easier they become.
Practice, every time I do them I find an easier trick or an effect I like better.
Dirt