reducing createx paint?

trents88r

i just bought some createx paints, and was doing some true fire and went to use my florescent yellow and mixed it 1:1 and other mixtures, and no matter what i mix the ratio, the paint still scates on me, what is the deal, i'm using a passche vl airbrush, with #1 setup, and 25psi bc that's all me compressor will go, can anyone help me on why i can't get the mixture right?

dick_68

try reducing your airpressure and backing away from your work. If you are getting in really close and the paint "scates" or runs even at minimum trigger, the paint is to thin and too much pressure. If you need more detail and want to stay close you need a smaller needle like a .2. And a inline air adjust is nice so you can keep your compressor where you use most and be able to dial down when needed. Createx paint is thick but their transparent is thinner and doesnt need to be reduced as much and if you do reduce transparent use the transparent base. Opaque reduce with Illistration base. Their Wicked line sprays a little better and you reduce with W100 reducer. there is no correct ratio for reducing. Reduce until it sprays and flows good for what your doing. If your going for detail you might overreduce and have more reducer than paint, if your covering a larger area you might only need a little bit.