Realistic Bullet Holes

NightShiftX

Here’s how to render very realistic bullet holes :
1-Base coat: Any color will do except black or white.Silver is best.
2-Stencil : 2”x2” transparent acetate .
3-Drawing: Draw an ellipse on acetate .Draw it by hand.You don’t need a perfect ellipse.A deformed circle with ½” diameter will be best.
4-Cut the ellipse off the acetate.Name it as (+) and keep it.
5-Fix the acetate on the surface and black paint the cut area .Apply 2 or 3 coats.Make it as black as possible.Let it dry.
It’s best if you render the ellipse horizontally ( Width greater than height)
6-Peel off the acetate.Now take (+) piece and fix it over the black painted area.If you can’t cover the black perfectly,it’s OK.Even better.
7-Fill some pearl white to your airbrush and start mist spraying to the leftish center of (+) from some distance.Depending on the size of airbrush nozzle, this distance should be around 2-3”.The purpose here to render some
white halo at the left side of the black ellipse( Assuming the light comes from right).The width of halo should be around 1/8”.
8-Fill black to your airbrush.From the same distance mist spray the black.But this time start spraying from right center of ellipse and slightly move the the tip to the left.Stop when black halo starts overlapping with white halo.
9-Peel off (+).Admire your work.

metalho

This sounds really cool. I was gonna be a smart ass and say why not just shoot your car. But bad things can happen, lol............

bruckybrushing

You could do the highlight and shadow effects first - freehand, then place your mask down to place the 'hole' in...saves masking over the original hole making it a little faster perhaps?

Blackwolf

Thanks for the info on the bullets now maybe my wont look so off the wall or a mud pie as my grand daughter say's