real flame

J

joeyy

i have practicing doing real flames but am having a hard time acheiving the correct brightness. i have been told to build up from dark to light but it never looks bright enough.should i be going light to dark? :ears:

J

joeyy

it looked horrible so i already wiped it off. i will try again over the weekend when it becomes warm again. 20 deg today but they say it will be warmer in a few days. i will post my next try. i will try light colors first this time and with more stecil. from looking at some other examples here i like the sharper edges. way cool!!!

hoss

go to yahoo.com type in "true fire" and do an image search. you'll find a lot of cool examples.

StarsJ

Usually works best going dark to light. You can put your hot spots in better that way. The kandy colors that are layered in are what bring it to life and give you the look you may want.

J

joeyy

the frustration level is high. i wanted to real flame the front and top of my buddies RC boat but dumped it again and went with a green neon graphic instead just to get er done and keep my sanity. i think the boat is too small to practice on.

Last edited by a moderator:

hoss

the frustration level is high. i wanted to real flame the front and top of my buddies RC boat but dumped it again and went with a green neon graphic instead just to get er done and keep my sanity. i think the boat is too small to practice on.

picture is too small. can't really see the detail